3.10 COVID-19 Communications
- Internal outbreak communication plans should be agreed for each NHS board and this should include senior managers within the board, department leads for visiting staff such as clinical teams, phlebotomists, pharmacists, physiotherapists, all support staff, including porters, cleaners, volunteers.
- Regular updates should be reported to ARHAI in line with section 3.11.
- COVID-19 test results should be documented in individual case notes including any IPC advice issued.
- Where guidance can not be followed, this should be risk assessed and documented by the clinical team or IMT.
- Media statements should be prepared by the IMT ready for release should it be required.
- Patients and carers where applicable should be kept informed of all screening investigations and provided with information leaflets where available or advice provided from NHS Inform.